- Learning to Crawl: Site Performance and Googlebot
TeePublic's performance was on a steady decline. A novel respiratory virus was spreading in the city of Wuhan, China. This is the story of how we fixed one of those things.
- CTO Interviews: A Perspective from a Hiring CTO
Insights on how job-seeking CTOs can improve their interview performance, from the perspective of a CTO hiring a CTO.
- Navigating Big Tech: Understanding Platforms and Aggregators as the Little Guy
You might not be interested in Big Tech, but Big Tech's incentives and battles will shape your future. Here's how to understand the landscape and understand battle between platforms and aggregators.
- Fixing Bad Engineering Rituals: Cargo Cults and Chesterton’s Fence
Through the lens of cargo cults and Chesterton's Fence, this article provides a practical framework for understanding and refining your software team's rituals and processes.
- Engineering Archetypes: Pirates, Robots, and Ninjas
Pirate, Robot, Ninja is a framework for thinking about the different archetypes of engineers. It's a useful tool for software leaders to understand their teams with.