Chief Technology Officer
TeePublic is the world’s largest marketplace for independent creators to sell their work on the highest-quality merchandise. Originally incubated within BustedTees.com, it was acquired by RedBubble.com in 2018.
- Led technical efforts building TeePublic.com’s marketplace from solo engineer to first CTO.
- Built and scaled proprietary e-commerce platform from $10,000 to $130M in annual revenue.
- Supervised development of billion+ sku marketplace for millions of unique designs across hundreds of product variations and styles.
- Evolved engineering culture and organization from informal “get it shipped” mindset to a defined Agile development practice.
- Worked throughout company to launch critical products across e-commerce, fulfillment, marketing, SEO, customer, and artist verticals.
- Established engineering standards and career development path for both managers and individual contributors.
- Collaborated on budgeting, planning, goal setting, and company strategy with executive team.
BustedTees was the original premiere destination for funny t-shirts on the internet. A continuation of my CollegeHumor role. BustedTees was acquired by IAC in 2008 as part of CollegeHumor.com, and later re-acquired and spun out by it's original founder. I served as the sole engineering through the re-acquisition and subsequent growth of the business.
- Survived multiple Black Fridays as the only engineer in the company.
- Migrated from colocated dedicated servers to early AWS infrastructure.
- Figured out how to do anything and everything technically as the only engineer in the company.
A comedy website owned by IAC, CollegeHumor.com was one of the first comedy websites on the internet. I was hired into their engineer pool and placed as the sole developer of their BustedTees.com business.
- Maintained E-Commerce platform based on custom legacy MVC framework.
- Wildly overbuilt a coupon system for BustedTees.com that was never really used.
- Realized you could drink at work when your bosses were also in their 20s.
Critical Mention (2007-2009)
Critical Mention is a media monitoring and analytics platform. I was hired as a junior engineer and worked on a variety of projects, from their web platform to some lightweight Lucene powered search applications
- Heard the most brutal and demoralizing one liner from a CEO to a technical team. Ask me about it.
- Agile Development
- Hiring & Recruiting
- Team Building
- Project Management
- Career Pathing and Talent Development
- Product and Engineering Dynamics
- E-Commerce Strategy
- Strong Opinions on the Above
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku and AWS
- A/B Testing
Marist College (2003-2007)
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Upright Citizens Brigade (2008-2012)
Advanced Study Program
Can you really put a price on imagination? Yes. Yes you can.
Odds and Ends
A Website for Improv Coaches
A website for improv coaches to advertise their services and for improv teams to find coaches. I built this when heavily involved in the UCB scene and it's still running today. Currently supports improv communities across the US and Europe.
This Website (2023)
A custom homepage built with NextJS and Tailwind CSS. I don't know either, but made a point to pair program with ChatGPT. AI is the future and I'm here to help it take my job.